Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Value of Friendship

Do you value your friendships?

And what better way to show the meaning of those connections than to exchange artwork. The question was, what should I weave?

There were plenty of options. Dogs (I've already painted them), Loons (she has enough), the Adirondacks....and then I remembered the wild daffodils.

This winter stretched out longer than necessary, spring struggled to break through. I remembered a conversation when she announced the blooming of the wild daffodils in the field outside her window.. My idea was planted.
It didn't take long to design. I was constrained by a 3.5 inch warp so I knew the flower would grow on the horizontal.

I used quite a bit of handspun, no doubt some of the fleece she has sent me over the years.


And of course I took pictures as I wove, she'd feel incomplete not seeing the process.

It appears to be a successful Wisconsin spring after all.....



....and thanks for your friendship Deb.

Have you made something for your friend lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment