Saturday, January 9, 2016

Convergence 2016, Milwaukee!

Ah so many good memories I have of summers spent knee deep in fiber at HGA's Convergence conferences. I think I've been to 8 of them starting with Pittsburgh in 1976. What an eye opener!
Weavers know how to have fun.

Silliness at Convergence 2000 in Cincinnati
And now here I am (I know, a bit older) honored to be one of the teachers at Convergence 2016, a stones throw away in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I feel as though I have come full circle.
I appear to be celebrating with sketchbooks and chocolate, so you know I'm excited.

Happiness with Moleskine and Dove dark chocolate

I'll be bringing my little faces on the road for a 3 day workshop entitled Weaving Expression in Faces. I've been working on a couple of new samples to focus on horizontal vs. vertical weave as it pertains to the face. These two new tapestries are happy to join the group.

new gal woven on the horizontal

two friends at the bus stop woven on the vertical
When we do workshops with faces there are always a few beginners in the crowd, why not try it?
You might just weave a new friend.

This woman is thinking of going, how about you?

woman with pear

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and proud as well. I remember 1976 so well...bought my HD floor loom then and was thrilled to bits. I was debating attending Milwaukee but just don't see classes that are interesting to me. Be sure that you tell us ALL about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will...one thing I'm looking forward to are the exhibits, plus going to the Milwaukee Art Museum - this close to it and I've never been!

    ReplyDelete